Sunday, February 1, 2015

A farm of Ezo Red Foxes / Rubeshibe Hokkaido


I want to introduce one place to go in Hokkaido. Last summer I went there. That is "Farm of Ezo red foxes" in near Kitami-city. There are so many wild red foxes in Hokkaido, but breeding farms are few. Over half of wild red foxes in Hokkaido have a parasitic worm echinococcous, so you don't touch them and don't drink a spring water in where they live. But this is a farm of foxes and the worm should be stamped out from the body of fox, I hoped. I was looking for the instruction panel or sign like this,  " Foxes in the farm are free from the worm, don't mind to touch them", but I couldn't. I was so disappointed and was so careful not to touch anything in the huge cage.

Foxes are cute and look like healthy. So I could enjoy to take pictures of them. But when you go there, be careful to touch them.



Place: Hanaoka-52-1, Rubeshibe-cho, Hokkaido

Farm HP (Japanese only)

Where is Rubeshibe?

What is Hokkaido fox?


No comments:

Post a Comment